“Shrines 2.0” are here! I've slowly started remodeling & improving my RPG shrines. I know you guys find my old shrines nostalgic, but they need to go. I designed most of my RPG shrines in the early and mid-2000s. The Internet has changed drastically since then.
For some time now, Google has been 'punishing' me for being too old and not compliant with modern standards. Hence, they've been reducing my site's visibility in the Google search. Nearly 80% of my site's visitors come from Google, so I need to take this seriously. I won't bore you with all the technical things that must be implemented. I'll tell you, though, the most important thing I need to do is make my RPG shrines mobile friendly.
So far I've remodeled two shrines: Phantasy Star II and Alcahest. Naturally, I'm not going to remodel my shrines without improving them and adding more juicy goodies for you. Here's what's new for both shrines:
- New mobile friendliness! Check out my RPG shrines on your smartphone. They've been carefully coded to transform nicely for small displays.
- New effects! My old RPG shrines had some pretty cool animation effects with Flash. Flash can't be used anymore :( The new 'compliant' method of making cool effects is with CSS3 animation. Check out the Alcahest shrine to see the moving lava and bouncing boss!
- Improved game reviews! Previously called the 'about the game' page, my game reviews are now more detailed and more visual.
- New walkthroughs! I'm not going to link to GameFAQs anymore for walkthroughs. For now on, I'm going to provide a walkthrough right here.
- New print-friendly maps! In addition to providing maps, I'm providing print-friendly PDFs containing all the maps. I'm offering a color version for color printers and a grayscale version for black & white printers.
- New soundtracks! I've re-ripped every soundtrack and I'm providing them in a variety of formats: good quality MP3, high quality MP3, and WAV. Every song has their tags filled in, and album art is included, so you can just drag-and-drop these soundtracks into your smartphone's music folder with easy integration into your preferred music player.
- New desktop wallpapers! And they're available in the current assortment of standard desktop resolutions.
- New movie clips! I've selected the best and most interesting videos from YouTube and slapped them all together in the movie clips page.
- New game downloads! Since Phantasy Star II is part of a series, in the Downloads page I offer every other game in the series for download.
Oh, lastly, I added nearly 50 new screen shots for SaGa Frontier.