Ending the year with lots of updates! The biggest updates were to the Anime Video Archive:
- A DVD quality version of the Fire Emblem anime has been released! Previously, only a poor quality VHS transfer was available. I've updated my Fire Emblem videos with the better quality version. I also added the soundtrack and art scans.
- The Ninja Gaiden OVA was also updated to a DVD quality version, where previously only a poor quality VHS transfer was available.
- The Project A-Ko 2 movie was updated to a Bluray quality version.
- I added a new movie, Demon Hunter! It's an awesome movie from the early 90s that used the English voice actors from Tenchi Muyo. It's gory (and perverted); I meant to add it back on October for Halloween.
And I have a bunch of new ROM hacks:
- Final Fantasy 4 Ultima - This hack adds MANY new features and improvements to the game. It adds a full-featured bestiary, 60 new weapons, 60 new spells/summons, 40 new bosses, achievements, new areas, new quests, new commands, new graphics, new secrets, springs with the Y button, Dark Knight Cecil is playable endgame, and more! This hack is heavy enough that I added a dedicated screenshots page for it.
- Final Fantasy 4 Graphics Update - This hack ports in the enhanced graphics of the WonderSwan Color, Advance, and mobile phone versions of Final Fantasy 4 to the SNES version. Currently, the monster graphics and menu portraits have been finished.
- Final Fantasy 5: Pixel Freemaster & Kick Butz Edition - This patch bundles together the majority of the most popular Final Fantasy 5 ROM hacks into one convenient patch. It includes the GBA translation, sprite touchups, auto learning, 2x experience/ABP/gil, better menu, shop price improvements, auto map, better job equipment, dash on world map with B button, and more!
- Final Fantasy 6 GBA Text - This replaces all the text in the SNES version with the translation from Final Fantasy 6 Advance (GBA).
- Shining Force 2: War of the Gods+ - This is a complete overhaul of the game with a more cohesive story and significant changes to the story and gameplay. Also, many changes have been made to the battle system to improve gameplay.
- Cyber Knight: Improved! - The English fan translation of Cyber Knight released back in 2001 wasn't perfect. A massive improvement patch was released that fixes all known technical issues, improves the presentation, and corrects all known typos and text overflows. Enemy names have also been retranslated and the opening credits are now displayed in English.
Lastly, I have a few general site updates:
- Celebrating the recent release of the Front Mission 1st 3D Remake, I added 4 new 3D wallpapers and 15 3D screenshots.
- My DuckStation tutorial (Windows version) is one of the site's most popular pages. It's the #1 PlayStation 1 emulator, after all. So I added a new tutorial covering DuckStation on Android. This tutorial even takes the time to explain how to move files around on Android and unzip 7Z files (because all PSX ISOs these days are in 7Z).
- I've been dabbling into making mobile-friendly wallpapers lately. I've started by mobile-izing wallpapers for Final Fantasy 5, Final Fantasy 6, Chrono Trigger, Shining Force, and Sailor Moon RPG (see some previews below). It's tricky because I can only do this for wallpapers that I've made myself and have the source file for (so I can scale the art & move stuff around). I'm not putting a lot of focus into this because the majority of my existing wallpapers can easily be cropped for mobile, so making a mobile version isn't always necessary.