Released in 1991. Produced by Shochiku-Fuji Ltd., TMS Entertainment, and Tokyo Movie Shinsha. Animation by Anime World Osaka, Hanwool, MI, Office Next-One, Studio 88, Studio Marine, and Dongyang Animation.
Based on the first Wizardry game “The Proving Grounds of the Mad Overlord”, a group of characters enter a dungeon to confront the ultimate wizard to prevent him from reaching an unstoppable power. On their way they meet up with a few new friends who have their own battles to settle, but their paths lay together.
The Wizardry anime is extremely loyal to the Wizardry game. If any of you are a Wizardry fan then you're in for a real treat. As a classic RPG fan, I immensely enjoyed this anime. While watching it I felt like I was playing Wizardry! (Even though I've never played it.) It has RPG-esk random battles and magic casting. The animation, however, looks dated so I wouldn't quite recommend this anime to everyone. If you're a fan of classic RPGs and 80s anime, I think you'll love it! Also, I recommend watching this YouTube review of the Wizardry game this anime is based on. For one of the first RPGs ever made, it was actually pretty advanced and complex!
Wizardry OVA can be watched or downloaded from Archive.org (Internet Archive), or downloaded via torrents from Nyaa. These sites are the best, safest, and most dependable resources to get anime for free.
- To cast the videos to your TV using AirPlay or Chromecast, press the button. This button becomes available when you start playing the video.
- Archive.org tends to be slow. Downloading Wizardry OVA from Nyaa is better. Additionally, Nyaa most likley offers a higher quality video, or even a Blu-ray quality video.
- If you don't know what torrents are, YouTube has tutorials. Be mindful that torrent downloads aren't instant. Depending on your Internet speed and number of seeds, it could take up to 24 hours for an anime to download.
- If you need a torrent client, these are the best (they're all free).
- The majority of video downloads from Nyaa are in “MKV” format, and less commonly in “AVI”. If you need a good video player to play these formats, VLC Media Player is the best (and it's free). It's available on every OS, including iOS and Android.
Is the MKV too big?
If you download a large Blu-ray quality MKV from Nyaa, it is possible that your computer or phone/tablet isn't fast enough to play it at full speed. In this case, you can use HandBrake. It's a free video converter; use it to shrink down the video. If you need help using HandBrake, YouTube has tutorials. Another option is to use Plex (mentioned below) because it automatically downsamples large videos when it streams them to your TV.
Playing on your TV
The easiest way to play MKV and AVI videos on your TV is with Plex. It streams movies from your computer to your TV through your Wi-Fi. It's a free app. Install it on your Windows or Mac, then install it on your set-top box (Apple TV, Roku, Fire sticks, etc.). Just note that Plex will only detect these movies in an Other Videos library because the “Movies” library doesn't detect rare/obscure anime classics. If you need help, YouTube has tutorials.
Legend of Lemnear
In a world ravaged by dark sorcery, a warrior is on a quest to avenge her parents.
In a world of fantasy, a swordsman seeks to avenge the murder of his father, the king.
A dark sorcerer with attitude just wants to protect his woman, but ends up having to protect a whole kingdom too. What a bother.
The hilarious adventures of a half dragon half human girl. A vengeful king and his minions seek revenge with her.