Released in 1989. Produced by Scholar, Toei Video Co., Ltd., and Terasawa Production. Animation by Madhouse.
A private eye named Goku investigates a number of suicides of police officers. When he encounters the woman responsible for those suicides, he is caught by her supernatural powers and the only way to survive was to stab his own eye out. Now replaced with a cybernetic implant that allows him to access nearly every computer on earth and equipped with a powerful rod that can extend to quite a length, he resumes the investigation only to find out it falls deeper into the net of underground rulers.
I love this movie! Think of it as a futuristic version of Ninja Scroll. The bad guy employs all these bizarre assassins with cool powers driven by cybernetics. The main character, Gokuu, starts out as a normal human. Part way into the movie he gains powerful cybernetic abilities that make him even more awesome. If you're a fan of these cyberpunk sci-fi movies, you'd love Midnight Eye Gokuu.
Having this anime up for FREE isn't easy for me. And I hope that you appreciate that there are NO ads here to annoy your experience of this site. It would be much appreciated if you returned the kind gesture by purchasing something from the FantasyAnime store :)
- If you have a Chromecast, via Chrome my videos can be casted to your TV. The cast icon appears after you click to play a video. (This is supported on Android devices, Windows, and OSX. Not iOS.)
- Most of the anime on this site was made for old TV resolutions (non wide screen). However, keep in mind that most modern TVs have the ability to stretch the screen. Try that feature if the vertically cropped screen is bothering you. Here's a comparison of standard/stretched screens.
- Is video not playing? Wait a minute or two; depending on your Internet speed it could take a while.
- Is video loading slow? The High Quality videos require high speed Internet. You might have better luck with the Low Quality version. If that doesn't help, try downloading the movie so you can play it in full.
Having problems viewing this movie? Need it in another format? Going on a flight? Or just want to keep it? Here it is for download. Right-click the button below and go to Save Target As to download it. Or you can left click it, and on the next page go to File > Save Page As to download it.
- MP4 plays natively on pretty much everything: computers, TVs, smartphones, tablets, video game systems, set-top boxes like Roku/Apple TV, etc.
- Try it out! Save this movie to a thumb drive and play it on your TV.
- As mentioned above in Notes, make use of your TV's stretch feature if the vertically cropped screen is bothering you.
- Another great option is to use Plex to stream MP4 movies from your computer to your TV through your Wifi. It's a free app. Install it on your Windows or Mac, then install it on your set-top box (Roku/Apple TV/Fire Stick/etc.).
Cyber City Oedo 808 Series
3 episodes, 40 min each
Three convicts are recruited by the police to fight crime in a cyber punk future.
1 hr 7 min
Similar to “The Thing” and “Alien”, a crew in a spaceship are hunted by a parasidic alien.
Gall Force Movies
First 3 Movies
Two alien races are at war: the Paranoids and the all-women Solnoids. A group of Solnoids seek to ensure the survival of both races.