Released in 1990. Produced by Madhouse. Animation also by Madhouse.
It happened quite suddenly, with no warning—all the memories of all the people on Earth, swept away as if by a sudden wind. In a post-catastrophic Earth populated mostly by savages without memories of their past civilization, one man travels on a journey of enlightenment and hope, across a devastated America.
This is one of those excellent classic gems that would surely have its idea copied one day for a live action movie. The concept of the story is terrifying. Can you imagine what would you do if you suddenly lost all of your memories? Or if the entire world lost their memories in an instant? A Wind Named Amnesia is well written. It approaches this scary idea realistically with dark, gory scenes; even involving children.
Buy From Amazon
You can buy this movie from Amazon. It goes for around $20-30 (US).
- If you have a device that supports casting, via Chrome my videos can be casted to your TV. The cast icon appears after you click to play a video.
- Most of the anime on this site was made for old TV resolutions (non wide screen). However, keep in mind that most modern TVs have the ability to stretch the screen. Try that feature if the vertically cropped screen is bothering you. Here's a comparison of standard/stretched screens.
- Is video not playing? Wait a minute or two; depending on your Internet speed it could take a while.
- Is video loading slow? The High Quality videos require high speed Internet. You might have better luck with the Low Quality version. If that doesn't help, try downloading the movie so you can play it in full.
Having problems viewing this movie? Need it in another format? Going on a flight? Or just want to keep it? Here it is for download. Right-click the button below and go to Save Target As to download it. Or you can left click it, and on the next page go to File > Save Page As to download it.
- MP4 plays natively on pretty much everything: computers, TVs, smartphones, tablets, video game systems, set-top boxes like Roku/Apple TV, etc.
- Try it out! Save this movie to a thumb drive and play it on your TV.
- As mentioned above in Notes, make use of your TV's stretch feature if the vertically cropped screen is bothering you.
- Another great option is to use Plex to stream MP4 movies from your computer to your TV through your Wifi. It's a free app. Install it on your Windows or Mac, then install it on your set-top box (Roku/Apple TV/Fire Stick/etc.). Just note that Plex will only detect these movies in an Other Videos library because the “Movies” library doesn't detect rare/obscure anime classics.
1 hr 41 min
Two rival kingdoms vie for fresh water and in the process end up destroying their entire society.
1 hr 31 min
High school students go on an unsuspecting adventure through time.
1 hr 49 min
In a world of Greek Mythology, Arion embarks towards Olympus to challenge the Gods.