Video Game Emulation for Newbies v2.0 is here! It took me almost two years to make this!! I've completely remodeled the site and created it from scratch from the ground up.
- All tutorials have been completely re-typed with love and great care. Directions are worded better, information is updated for modern times, and as a whole everything is organized better.
- All screen shots have been re-captured on Windows 10 to stay up-to-date with the mainstream OS. (I don't want to confuse people with old Windows XP screens.)
- Also, I am including more screen shots in the page itself to make skim-reading easier. In the old version I had nearly all screen shots hidden until you clicked a link.
- Every tutorial includes a version on Google Docs. This version has been specially re-worked to be 100% print friendly. In addition to printing, Google Docs lets you convert my tutorials to any text file format.
- These remodeled pages are fully responsive. Meaning you can browse them with ease whether you're on a desktop, tablet, or smartphone.
- Lastly, along with the update I've added 5 new emulator tutorials. They are for Project 64 (Nintendo 64), DeSmuME (Nintendo DS), mGBA (GBA), PPSSPP (PSP), and FinalBurn Alpha (Arcade).
The video game emulators page has been updated as well. Updates include:
- Snes9X was updated! Snes9X hasn't been updated in YEARS. There are two notable updates to mention. First, Snes9X now uses Higan's source as the base to emulate games. Higan is respected as the #1 SNES emulator in terms of cycle accuracy. Now Snes9X is just as awesome! Second, Snes9X now has a rewind button.
- Added DeSmuME X432R! It's a special build of DeSmuME that enhances 3D graphics. See for yourself the difference!
- Also updated Higan, mGBA, and FinalBurn Alpha. The changes are just regular bug fixes.