My name is Alejandro Rodriguez. I'm living in sunny Florida, USA. As I'm sure you've guessed, I love anime and video games. I've always been the type of guy who likes to share. So being an avid anime and video game fan, I wanted to share with the world that which brought me happiness.
Working on FantasyAnime since 1998 and being so dedicated to it resulted in web design having quite an influence on me. I decided to pursue it as my profession. In 2005 I graduated from college with a degree in web design. I got my first full-time web design job afterward. I'm aggressive when it comes to learning new things, which I have always practiced on FantasyAnime. In 2011 I got a degree in Internet Marketing. That helped me do things right with FantasyAnime's social media channels. Web Designers aren't a thing anymore, so in 2016 I moved on to UX Design. I continue to apply to my FantasyAnime everything I learn about design. If you'd like to learn how I made FantasyAnime, check out the page about what I used to create it.
At this point I have a rather colorful work history, working at a variety of companies from big to small. But above all, what matters to me the most is my FantasyAnime.
Origin of Anime Interest
My best friend, Robert, and Sailor Moon got me into anime. The time was somewhere around the mid-90s. Robert introduced me to anime movies such as Akira, Ninja Scroll, and Fist of the North Star. We rented so many cool anime movies from Blockbuster Video (in the 90s was the most popular video rental store in Florida). Sailor Moon eventually made its quiet debut on TV. At first, I thought it was the dumbest cartoon I've ever seen. I was bored one day; I decided to give Sailor Moon a chance and I watched an episode. I thought it was pretty cool, so I watched it again the next day, then the next. Before I knew it I was addicted. Sailor Moon made me realize how good anime really was. Since then my interest in anime has grown stronger and stronger. Now I'm a full-blown obsessive anime fan - with too many anime DVDs!
Origin of RPG Interest
My story with RPGs began in 1994, the glorious year when Final Fantasy 6 came out (under the name Final Fantasy 3). Final Fantasy 6 touched my heart and introduced me to the wonderful world of RPGs. Later I got into Chrono Trigger, then Shining Force, then Final Fantasy Legend, then Lunar (for Sega CD), then Phantasy Star, and so on. With most of the classic RPGs I own (and have shrined), I played them a little bit late during 1995-1998 -ish. I purchased them used from FuncoLand. FuncoLand was a haven for people like me who didn't have any used game stores around and mail order was the only option to get old games. Little did I know that in the future I would prefer emulated games over the real thing.
I have way too many favorite anime and video games to list. I like pretty much everything. In general, I love fantasy and sci-fi. I love all the anime that has been mega-popular since the 90s. All the RPGs shrined in my FantasyAnime are pretty much all my favorites. I love all the big fantasy movies since the 80s such as Labyrinth and Lord of the Rings. I love superhero movies and cartoons.
- I still own most classic gaming systems: NES, SNES, Genesis, Sega CD, 32X, Sega Saturn, Game Gear, a Nomad (the portable Genesis), Game Boy Classic, Game Boy Pocket, Game Boy Color, Game Boy Advance, and a Playstation 1.
- I still listen to anime and classic gaming soundtracks almost daily :)
- Back in the 2000s (when streaming wasn't a thing yet), I collected hundreds of anime DVDs, 100+ anime Blu-rays, and about 10 TB of downloaded anime. Of which, I've ripped some of the rare/forgotten gems in my collection for my Anime Video Archive.
- I'm very jumpy. I scream (a lot, lol) while watching horror movies. Friends have told me that certain movies were scarier because I was there.
- Speaking of horror movies, I'm also a horror superfan. The paranormal, hauntings, and sci-fi are my favorite. I'm not a big fan of gory movies such as Saw. I have a particular interest in 80s horror movies because I love how horror was approached before the age of CGI.
- I love animals. At old age, I see myself with 10 cats.